22 December 2006

Opening Shot

New Year (almost), new blog. Why not?

I think I’ll not tell anyone I know that I’m writing this one, though. The last blog I concocted was a bit disappointing, as no one other than family read it. For that matter, I’m not even sure that they read it.

I don’t blame them at all. It was far too serious, maybe even a little too high-minded. Sometimes I can’t help it…I like being serious, thinking about important things, fundamental things. However, there should always be a little levity.

And what’s more, the blog o’ sphere is not exactly the most cerebral forum in existence. Perhaps it should be. Maybe it should be a little less (or a lot less) trashy. Then again, we’re not talking about a multitude of Nobel-laureate thinkers out there writing their fingers into stumps. Someone once said that, "If you have enough monkeys banging randomly on typewriters, they will eventually type the works of William Shakespeare.”

Perhaps I can be one of those monkeys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe people ARE reading your blog after all - Lister