02 January 2007

Happy New Year's

New Year’s Eve was a fantastic night, from my point of view. My wife and I went out for a pre-sunset walk along the beach and through the park, where later groups of revelers would be gathering to watch fireworks. Neither one of us is really into crowds (except at sporting events), so we vacated the area before sundown and returned to our apartment.

My wife did a fantastic job making the last supper of the year, pierogies and roast chicken. After dinner, we relaxed with some coffee (Caribou coffee…a gift from a friend in Minneapolis) and fireworks. We had a great view of the fireworks shows from our balcony. The first one began at 9 so that local families could bring the kids out without worrying about keeping them up (and out) too late. The coffee helped us keep going until the midnight fireworks, which were at least as good as the 9 o’clock ones.

Not that anyone is reading this, but just in case someone is, I hope you have a prosperous, safe and healthy new year. I pray that 2007 is a better year for all of us.

No comments: