24 January 2007

In It? For What?

I know it's old news, but I just haven't been able to get the simple words of Hilary Clinton out of my head. All of the articles I've read about her announcing her candidacy have her saying, "(And) I'm in to win."

How in the world does that make her different than the other candidates, both Democrat and Republican, who are running or who will run? How does that set her apart?

But I had a thought...perhaps she meant that she's in it to win, no matter what. Say anything, do anything, twist anything? I don't know a great deal about her, but when her husband has a better image than she does, that says something to me. And while I'm not paying a whole lot of attention to what the candidates are saying right now, I'll be very interested to see what she has to say once the primaries get closer.

And, anyway, why should anyone care now about candidates for president? It's a year before anyone casts a meaningful vote for a candidate. Wake me up in September.

No comments: