22 March 2009

Last Post - #395

I've been negligent of my writing lately, or rather, I've been negligent in my posting. The reason for this is that, as the few who read this may guess, I have no confidence in the direction and declared purpose of the legislative and executive branches of our government. That being said, I have been stuck in what I think is a bit of a strange position: I have strong opinions about the political direction of our country, yet I do not see the importance of posting my thoughts. They are, to put it bluntly, not unique nor particularly compelling. I would be a nay-sayer, another voice of "NO" in the (hopefully) growing discord. I would prefer to be part of a loyal opposition - which I would be under any party's administration. But as I said, I have no confidence in our current government and therefore cannot offer any loyalty with my opposition. My efforts are best spent in other ways.

For those who have read, or who have stopped by and taken a look around, I thank you. If and when I begin to post again, it will probably be elsewhere; I'll pop a link here if it happens. But as of now, the Mind of Flapjack is closed.

2 comments:

Glenn said...

Flapjack, please don't stop posting! What I've read thus far is impressive, and in line with what "thinking" people think about our current situation today! I will forward this blog to my friends who "think" and appreciate those who do!

Anonymous said...

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
-Thomas Jefferson
Don't stop blogging your blogs are deep often bring in many diffrent amazing aspects to things that I hadnt thought of