16 April 2009

Back on the Blog

After a fairly short hiatus, it seems that I’m going to resume blogging. Two things in particular have nudged me in this direction.

First, a few weeks ago a friend of mine and I had a chat about why I stopped blogging. I explained my point of view briefly, mostly why I didn’t feel that my written opposition to policies and actions were needed. In the end, it seemed that my opposition might just seem angry, which was not (and is not) how I want to present my point of view. The only response my friend made was that this was the very time when reasoned points of view were needed and that I might rethink my decision. That started the ball rolling.

Second, I attended the tea party at Dallas City Hall. It was heartening to see so many folks who felt, at least someone, the same way that I do. (I hope to have a more complete account of the tea party up very soon.) Many of the speakers – none of which were elected officials – commented that like-minded folks cannot sit back and just hope that things work out okay. We must do something.

I do not pretend to think that simply writing a (rather obscure) blog will do much. I plan on becoming more involved, as much as I can without taking too much focus away from my primary occupation, which is a joyful time-sucker. But in this space again, I hope to put forward reasoned thought without hesitation to call a duck a duck. I hope to regain a reader or two and perhaps pick up some more. Thanks for reading. Cheers.

2 comments:

KKB said...

well, i have to say that while our politics differ and our viewpoints are often wildly divergent, i am very happy to see you blogging again. i look forward to your thought-provoking posts in the future. write on, my friend. --krissi

Bob M. said...

Krissi,

Thanks for that, and thanks for reading, even if you're 75% sure you won't agree with my point of view. Cheers!

Bob